Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Giorgino R (giorginor21_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-18 14:47:53

Hi Tinko,

Many thanks for your reply along with your valuable suggestions, I
appreciate it.

With respect to hashing, that's the reason (comparing doubles) why I asked
in my first email whether the hashing could be somehow carried out with an
invariant field that potentially two spatially equal linestrings could
have. I am not fully knowledgeable whether such a field exists/stands.
Probably, hashing experts (from boost::hash) could have an idea. I guess
it is like someone wanted to store two-dimensional arrays in an
unordered_set (arrays with inverse order of rows from one another should be
equal). I am thinking that there might be a mathematical way to produce a
quantified invariant by iterating over the rows of the 2D matrix. In any
case, I will explore further based on your suggestions on hashing, as well.

Now, as far as the tolerance is concerned, I have tried in the past to
define BOOST_GEOMETRY_NO_ROBUSTNESS macro; however, I didn't see any
difference. I can't use integers for coordinate types, I am afraid. I ve
been using boost::geometry ( I really like Boost::geometry, its design and
flexibility ) for generating multi-dimensional design spaces with scaled
coordinates (0 - 1) or unscaled (real parameter ranges). I am also tracking
paths for particular solution points that result from genetic algorithms.
As such, comparing spatially equal paths/linestrings
(boost::geometry::equals) along with calculating intersections
(boost::geometry::intersection) and linestring differences
(boost::geometry::difference) with some sort of pre-defined tolerance would
be really nice.

In any case, many thanks once again :)

BW

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net