Hi,

Dear Boosters,

I am looking for some details of features/functionality implemented in Boost
Geometry with different geometry types. It would help me identifying what
functions work fine with what all combinations and order of geometry types
and what is yet to be implemented in 0-Dimension, 1-Dimension and
2-Dimension.
If I may, I'd suggest to work it out the other way around:
create matrix or matrices of features and their combinations
you need (i.e. geometry type vs algorithm, geometry type vs dimension,
geometry type of dimension N vs algorithm, etc.), post it somewhere
(i.e. github wiki)
and then let's try to fill the cells.

Best regards,
As per the suggestion I have created the attached matrix and also posted it on GITHUB (https://github.com/TanjotUppal/Boost-Geometry-Functional-Matrix/wiki).
Would need your help in filling the corresponding cells.
The cells can be filled in with the functions (along with the algorithm name wherever applicable) that work for the corresponding pair of geometry types in order considered from left to right horizontally.
Example: Suppose if intersects() work for the geometry type pair "Segment" & "Ring" as well as "Ring" & "Segment", then we should fill in intersects(Segment,Ring) at {Column=6, Row=4} and Intersects(Ring,Segment) at {Column=4, Row=6} in the matrix.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:35:53 +0100
From: Bruno Lalande <bruno.lalande@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [geometry] Identifying What all works well with Boost
	Geometry

Hi,

All our algorithms inherit from boost::geometry::not_implemented in the
primary definition of their dispatch class, which ensures that not
implemented calls are easy to detect at compile-time. In addition, we have
a tool that uses that to produce a report of what's supported for each
algorithm:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/geometry/doc/src/docutils/tools/support_status/

Just compile it and run support_status with no argument (passing "qbk" will
make it output the results directly into the documentation rather than
output the result in raw text mode). As you can see it only checks 2D
though, but I don't expect 3D to be difficult to add. You can always play
with it locally to adapt it to your needs.

Regards
Bruno