From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes@acm.org>
Date: 3 Dec 2013 21:46
Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Near future.. How do we deal with git-native libraries?
To: "Boost Developers List" <boost@lists.boost.org>

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Cox, Michael <mhcox@bluezoosoftware.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Daniel James <daniel@calamity.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > On 3 December 2013 11:05, Cox, Michael <mhcox@bluezoosoftware.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >    - Now your new forked repo is linked to the official boostorg/predef
> > >    repo as a fork and you can submit pull requests to boostorg/predef.
> >  The
> > >    Boost release manager will than pull in your changes from the
> develop
> > >    branch of grafikrobot-boost/predef.
> >
> > I believe the plan is for everyone to have write access to the
> > repositories that they maintain and to update them themselves.
> >
> I was not aware of that.  I expected the release manager(s) to only have
> write access and library maintainers to submit pull requests to them.  So
> ignore my last few posts :-).

Only release managers have write access to the boost super-project. So they
can still control quality in terms of what goes into official Boost
releases.  OTOH, Individual libraries can do their own releases whenever
they want to. This decoupling is is part of why we hope that the Modular
Boost structure will scale up to much larger numbers of libraries.

--Beman