Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Visitor Design Pattern
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-25 12:26:27

On 10/25/2010 4:44 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Thank you very much! So, we are good to changing the internals of
> phoenix3 to use this extension mechanism?

Yes. But today I'm going to made some changes, based on my experience
playing with this code last night. In particular, it should be possible
to have *only* the named rules be customization points; for all other
rules, actions are attached to rules the old way via proto::when. I
think that if we pass the Actions bundle as the Data parameter to the
transforms, these things become possible.

> Regarding naming ....
> I like renaming phoenix::actor to phoenix::lambda. But what about the existing
> phoenix::lambda? Rename it to protect (from Boost.Lambda)?

See Joel's response.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing