Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] : Proto transform with state
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 10:28:21

On 12/6/2010 4:50 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> I played with the let transform idea over the weekend. It *may* be
>> possible to accomplish without the two problems I described above. See
>> the attached let transform (needs latest Proto trunk). I'm also
>> attaching the Renumber example, reworked to use let.
<snip>

> Without having looked at it too much ... this looks a lot like the
> environment in phoenix. Maybe this helps in cleaning it out a bit.

I tend to doubt it would help clean up the implementation of Phoenix
environments. These features exist on different meta-levels: one
(proto::let) is a feature for compiler-construction (Proto), the other
(phoenix::let) is a language feature (Phoenix). The have roughly the
same purpose within their purview, but as their purviews are separated
by one great, big Meta, it's not clear that they have anything to do
with each other.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing