Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Defining the result domain of a proto operator
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-26 11:23:06

On 26/08/2011 17:18, Eric Niebler wrote:
> Why can't you use a grammar to recognize patterns like these and take
> appropriate action?

we do. Another point is that container based operation in our system
need to know the number of dimension of the container. Domains carry
this dimensions informations as we dont want to mix different sized
container in a same expression. The containers we have are :

table which can have 1 to MAX_DIM dimesnions
matrix which behave as table<2> when mixed with table
covector and vector that act as a matrix when mixed with matrix adn
table<2> with table.

The domain are then flagged with this dimension informations.

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com