Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-23 12:36:19

I have almost finished splitting the sources into

win32
   and
pthread

platforms. read_write_mutex still pending.
The sources did a clean compile on linux and win32 with msvc 7.1,
using boost build v1 and v2.

I have not performed any functional tests however.

Next step will be adding the examples and trying the regression tests.

@Anthony:

The barrier and read_write_mutex obviously can be implemented on top of
the core boost::thread primitives. So no platform split is needed. True?

I did not yet try to understand the code, but your read_write_mutex
is far less code lines than the original. Does this mean your code
is not finished yet, it is semantically different or it is that cute? ;-)

I am also wondering why you have put read_write_mutex.hpp into a
platform dispatcher?

Another question: Did you already try to run any of the regression tests
on thread_rewrite? If so, could you please help me to get a head start?

Roland