Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-25 07:00:15

> Anthony Williams schrieb:
>> In theory, yes. However, if you want to make use of the pthread native
>> read write mutex, then we need a platform split (pthreads vs everything
>> else). I'm also not sure whether or not we can make use of native
>> Windows
>> stuff to make it work better.
>
> I see and agree. What about barrier?

I believe barrier is generic. We can implement a split if it turns out to
be best implemented in a platform-specific manner.

>> My read_write_mutex code is not yet finished.
>
> Ok.
> Hmm, pthread native read write mutex? Is this already standarized?

Yes. pthread_rwlock_init and friends.

>> Everything except TSS runs fine on MSVC 7.1 & 8.0. They also ran fine on
>> gcc 4 on Windows last time I tried, but it was a while ago.
>
> What do you mean by "except TSS"? Do you mean the tests?
> I have checked in tss a couple of days ago.

TSS was failing because there wasn't an implementation. In my update
today, I see that there's now some code, but I haven't tried it.

> Are you already using bbv2 for regression testing? Is so please give me
> instructions how to do.

No. I do "bjam --dump-tests test" in the thread dir. I tried to run the
full regression tests (which therefore use BBv2) on an overnight run, but
my hard disk died, and I haven't found the time to set that going again.

I thought it was just a matter of adding --v2 to the bjam command line, or
something like that.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams