Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Stuart A. Malone (samalone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-19 10:40:34

On Dec 15, 2006, at 4:27 AM, Tim Day wrote:

> Can't you just put all your worker threads into a boost::thread_group,
> invoke join_all() on the main thread to wait for them all to finish,
> then invoke the QuitEventLoop() from the main thread ?

I don't know much about thread groups, so that might be a better
solution. I'll have to do some reading up to learn more about them.

However, I don't think that join_all() is an option in this case,
because I need to be inside a Mac event loop in order to receive the
messages that will launch the additional threads. Since join_all()
would block until the existing threads had completed, I would never
receive the events telling me that I needed to launch additional
threads.

Best wishes,

--Stuart A. Malone
   Llamagraphics, Inc.
   Makers of Life Balance personal coaching software
   http://www.llamagraphics.com/