Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Rudi Lindl (rudi.lindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-03 05:47:33

Hello,

i want to rework a existing dll to be thread safe. The
boost::thread_specific_ptr looks very interesting to me.
Unfortunately i get an error during the loading of the dll when i define a
boost::thread_specific_ptr within the dll. The dll compiles fines. If i want
to use the dll with the LoadLibrary command i get Error 193 "is not a valid
Win32 application".
If i remove the declaration of the boost::thread_specific_ptr everything
works fine.

Is there anything i have to consider when using the
boost::thread_specific_ptr within a dll.
I wrote a small testdll and everything workes fine (including the
boost::thread_specific_ptr). Therefore i have no clue how the
boost::thread_specific_ptr mess up things in my existing dll code.
I already tried to reduce the dll piece by piece to figure out which part of
the my code cause the trouble. The result is that everything works fine
(including boost::thread_specific_ptr ) untill i instantiate cetain objects.

Obviously these objects do not like the boost::thread_specific_ptr. But i
dont know why because these objects worked for years without any trouble.

Any Ideas?

Best regards,

R. Lindl