Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] On Linux boost threads are listed as processes
From: Neetu Garg (garg_neetu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 00:21:59

Jon Biggar and Łukasz P. Michalik Thanks so much for the detailed reply. It does clear my confusion Regards, NG ----- Original Message ---- From: Łukasz Michalik <lmi_at_[hidden]> To: threads-devel_at_[hidden] Sent: Sat, February 27, 2010 4:18:45 PM Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] On Linux boost threads are listed as processes On 11:37 2010-02-26 -0800, Neetu Garg wrote: > In Linux Env > * compiled and linked program statically > * Ran the program and saw 10 processes(I created 10 threads in my program) listed when I did "ps -e". > > I am not sure how I am end up creating 10 process. > From pthreads(7) manual page: - Threads do not share process IDs. (In effect, LinuxThreads threads are implemented as processes which share more information than usual, but which do not share a common process ID.) LinuxThreads threads (including the manager thread) are visible as separate processes using ps(1). -- Pozdrawiam, Łukasz P. Michalik