Boost logo

Ublas :

From: choon (teochoonhui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-04 03:06:12

Hi,

I tried some examples and the conclusion I got was that M*B is much slower
than M*b, where M is a (r-by-c) matrix, B a (r-by-1) matrix and b a vector
of length r.

Since ublas is not runtime polymorphism, and in certain applications, I
would like to have a runtime polymorphic matrix/vector which is determined
only when we "look" at the problem/data.

Is there a way to close the performance gap between 1D matrix and vector? Is
possible, then every object will be of type matrix and this make things much
easier.

Thanks,
Choon