From: Kühl, Dietmar (Dietmar.Kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 1998-12-07 07:05:47

Hi,

[Me about a graph algorithms library removed]

[Greg:
> I think that Alex is working on this already, so you might check with
> him first. Certainly it would be a welcome addition to our growing
> little library.

I was one day at SGI after the last meeting in Santa Cruz and discussed
my ideas how to do a generic graph library with Alex and some members
of his group. We have different ideas how to do things and we agreed to
find out which is the better approach. I think my approach is more
general (I'm implementing algorithms without any idea how the graph is
represented at all) but his seems to be more efficient (he uses a fast
graph representation to which graphs are converted first; this is normally
no problem because most graph algorithms are not linear at all). I think
it takes some time and experimentation to find out which is the better
approach...

Anyway, I will provide some material as soon as possible to have at
least a starting point: Once the general abstraction is clear, it should
be no problem to add algorithms later...

dk