From: Jerry Schwarz (jschwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 1998-12-21 11:22:54

I haven't looked at the details of the classes myself so I haven't been
commenting. But judging from the facts as I understand them from the
discussion I strongly favor Greg's idea that there should not be
parameterization.

A. It is hard to predict what is going to happen to code at the micro level
with today's machines and optimizers. It may be that the code space that is
lost to having to do an extra indirection is made back from the advantage
of having a smaller struct to begin with.

B. Any parameterization will discourage users. It may be that it doesn't
matter which variation they pick in most cases, but they won't know that.

E-group home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/boost