From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-04-26 10:53:43

A half-dozen people interested in Boost.org got together over lunch
at the Dublin C++ committee meeting in Dublin two weeks ago.

After the usual desultory discussion, here are the conclusions:

* The idea of a repository web site for C++ libraries seems viable.
Even with just a few contributions and no publicity, the site gets
visited regularly and people do download the libraries.

* The idea of shared administration isn't working. So I will just
run the administration unilaterally, and ask for help when needed.

* The idea of only posting peer-reviewed libraries isn't working.
Whether the problem is the concept or the execution doesn't really
matter since no one including me has volunteered to try to make it
work. So in the future, I will post any library that doesn't
obviously violate guidelines. Other people can send in comments
about a library for posting.

I will update the web site later this week to reflect the above.

--Beman Dawes <beman_at_[hidden]>

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/boost