From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-24 17:09:35

Sounds like you've written pretty much just what I described. I'd like to
volunteer to test it for you on VC++ 5 and 6, W98/NT, but that will have to
wait a couple of months, because the project I need them for is into
critical crunch time right now, with yours truly being the most critical
crunchee, unfortunately. If you still want help with it in a couple of
months, I'd be glad to pitch in. I'd also like to just look at it now, if
you're ready to let it be seen. If you'd like, I'll sign an NDA. I'm on a
commercial product right now, but wouldn't use your code for such a thing
until you released it into the public domain (or published to Boost.

I knew the "iterator" for random access couldn't be a true STL iterator, but
I'm one of those people who'd like to see the STL expanded to include other
types of containers than ordered and non-ordered linear ones. Trees and
DAG's, mainly. That would make life so much simpler. Except for the poor
suckers who have to write and debug the things <g>.

I've never heard of Fibonacci heaps before, but can sort of guess what they
must be. Can you point me to a good source on heaps in general? Either a
book (in English, because my Deutsch is pretty weak <g>), or a web site or
paper. Thanks.