From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-09 09:41:20

At 08:48 AM 7/9/99 -0500, Ed Brey wrote:

>To help future library users from reraising this issue, perhaps the
>rationale on the bottom of
>http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr/smart_ptr.htm should be
augmented
>to mention that the exception specification was omitted because the
>smart_ptr classes are designed to work with pointees that have
>undecorated destuctors.

That is a good idea, but I also think the discussion in this thread
is of interest beyond smart_ptr.h.

Will someone volunteer to extract and summarize the key points for
posting as a page on the web site? Something like the page on
Implementation Variations. Preferably in html, but txt, doc, or any
other format convertible to html would be OK too.

Then the smart_ptr.h docs and other future docs can link to it.

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost