From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-09 14:14:41

Valentin,

You need to coordinate (perhaps by private email) these ideas with
Dave Abrahams and his operator.h work described in his mailing-list
posting of June 30, and subsequent posts.

While we want to give contributors room for individuality, it isn't
going to work to mix naming conventions, etc, in similar or related
work.

Also, I personally have a lot of trouble with names that are the same
as some related name except for the capitalization. Publication
becomes impossible if "Char" and "char" are two different things.
Editors (both human and computer programs) often change "char" to
"Char" at the beginning of a sentence. After doing some of the
"charT" vs "CharT" editing on the C++ standard, I never want to go
through that again.

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost