From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-13 19:01:42

> If you remove the portions that deal with old versions of the
> compiler, and the #defines to identify features which are present
> (rather than missing), and the thread related defines, then what is
> left is much smaller. But as far as boost/config.h[pp] is concerned,
> only the template member function case has come up.

True, but some of us are stuck using older versions, because legacy code
won't compile on newer compilers. For the next two months I fit that
category <g>.

> Included by other boost headers that need it. Users should not have
> to know about it.

> >can find no docs that mention it, and the code is Byzantine, to say
> the
> >least).
>
> No docs yet, cause it isn't a done deal yet. It is really for use by
> boost library implementors rather than users, so it shouldn't be
> documented like a normal boost library.

Sorry, I meant SGI's STL config file, rather than Boost's, although that's
useful information, too.

> That question is probably better asked on microsoft.public.vc.stl on
> the msnews.microsoft.com news server.

Yeah, I know, but I wanted an intelligent answer <g>. Okay, point taken;
I'll try to stay on topic after this.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost