From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-14 21:42:37

> On the other hand, we might save much work by using their header as a
> guide to quickly bring boost/config.h[pp] up to speed. Again
> assuming that isn't a copyright violation. We would give them credit
> as appropriate, of course.
>
> Do you know if their configuration file is reliable enough to depend
> on?

It's pretty good. New versions of the STLPort get tested with various
compilers, usually before the STLPort version is released ;)
Sometimes, also before the compiler version is released
There's also a script which attempts to check for compiler features. I have
no idea how well it works.

-Dave

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost