From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar.kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-15 20:11:55

Hi,
At 02:00 16.07.99 +0200, Valentin Bonnard wrote:
>> [egcs] is the only compiler which supports the "fix the compiler"
workaround :-)
>> It is often not that hard at all
>
>Is there a guide/FAQ about << Where should I start with egcs
>internals ? >> ?

No, at least not when I looked last time. I think the egcs people
wanted to work on this but I haven't seen a corresponding announcement
(someone working on egcs listening who knows details?). There is
documentation of the RTL stuff but it does not include any sort of
tutorial. I started by just tracking things from the grammar. Not the
most efficient method and I could only do minor stuff but doing things
had always been a good starter for me.

Hm, this moves rather off-topic... Maybe we should continue the discussion
in gnu.g++.help (I look through this newsgroup anyway).

dk

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost