From: Csaba Szepesvari (szepes_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-29 01:47:17

> The alternative is to provide a template based solution, rather than death
> by a thousand typedefs/#defines. I did something like this, and outlined
> the details in a couple of articles for Overload when Sean was editing it a
> few years ago. I'd be happy to dig it up and submit the code as a library.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Kevlin

Yes, I'd be symphatetic with a template based *implementation*, that used the
same names (interface) as of stdint.h
Using templates you could actually check if your implementation fits the given
architecture (using compile time asserts).
This would make it easier to port the code to new machines. I am not sure that
the C++ implementation should be bundled to the C implementation.

Ideas?

Csaba