From: Thomas Plum (tplum_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-08-05 17:23:21

>But what about the macros in stdint.h? Since the C committee had
>foresight enough to put guards around them so they must be explicitly
>invoked, boost can use stdint.h without automatically defining
>macros. Providing a C++ traits class to get at max, min, and other
>traits is a distinct technical advantage for generic programming with
>templates, and because a traits class obeys scope rules which macros
>don't. Do you have a problem with boost providing a traits class and
>requesting boost authors use something like
>integer_traits<int32_t>::max or numeric_limits<int32_t>::max() rather
>using the stdint.h macros?

Oh, no, I was only defending the typedefs, not the macros. That was
the whole liaison issue, C++ should be able to use the typedefs without
pollution from the macros.

Thomas Plum Plum Hall Inc, 3 Waihona Box 44610, Kamuela HI 96743 USA
tplum_at_[hidden] TEL +1-808-882-1255 FAX +1-808-882-1556

http://www.PlumHall.com