From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-08-17 13:56:45

Thanks, Valentin. I hadn't looked at that site for a while, and that
cache_map comes close to satisfying most of the requirements I wanted that
started this thread off in the first place. I'm still looking hard at
Dietmar's heap classes coupled with SGI's hash_map, though, as a little
closer to my requirements. In case those have been forgotten, my particular
kind of cache usage is very fast, very volatile, and *has* to be reasonably
dynamically prioritized on a very active real-time basis, using a slightly
messy priority function. Not to say that you guys should be writing to make
me happy, but to explain why some requirements are still floating around in
the discussion, since I sort of started it off by asking for such a thing.