From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-08-17 17:22:44

> Would the added complexity be worth it? I don't see a lot of people
> using integer classes which are the same as the built-in's except for
> initialization. I'm just not sure there is any real need.

Admittedly, if you need them initialized, you can just do it after the fact.
I only suggested it since you did say that the main use for such classes
would be likely to be time-critical. Including the initializer obviates the
need for an extra pass through the container, with its many loops and
attendant CPU pipeline flushes. I suppose the question would be whether or
not the overhead of including it in the template would be worse than the
loss due to branch prediction misses.