From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-08-19 18:28:15

> defect report requiring the vector be contiguous. I'm not sure about
> data alignment issues, though, but I expect that the the consideration
> is for it to be the same as an array.

What do you mean by "same as an array?" The items in an array could have
widely varying alignments, depending on whether you specified a packing size
or an alignment boundary for data items. For instance, specifying an even
alignment is just about guaranteed to create differently-sized array
elements than specifying a 16-byte alignment, depending, of course, on
what's in the array. Do you mean that whatever alignment is current when
the array is allocated determines its start address? What about the start
addresses of its elements?