From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-08-20 16:50:15

> The defect report can give you the details of the proposed
> solution much
> better than I can. See:

http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-issues.html#69

From the requirements in the proposed solution, you can deduce that
the elements would be stored "like an array", for a given packing.
I don't think that C++ addresses how to deal with varying packing schemes
within the same program or translation unit. That is left to how the
implementation wants to implement its pragmas and compiler switches.
I would expect that implementations will apply the current packing that
is in place when the vector is defined.

Okay, I'll give it a look tonight (it being Friday, I can spare a little
time before beginning the weekend work week <g>). Thanks.