From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-09-01 13:26:44

The web site has been updated:

* In addition to the regular and beta sections on the Libraries
page, there is now an "experimental" section.

* The boost integer library has been added in the experimental
section. Mostly it is the same as previously posted, but integer.hpp
and docs have been added. This provides integer type selection
templates based on number of bits. I will add selection based on
maximum value as soon as integer_traits.hpp becomes available.
Comments appreciated!

* The casts have been removed from utility.hpp and placed in
experimental header in the utility library named cast.hpp. There is
a warning noting the assert controversy. Thanks to a contribution
from Kevlin Henney, the value_cast templates have been replace by
superior numeric_cast templates.

* As an experiment, the cast.hpp header tries out the nested
namespace approach suggested earlier by Ed Brey. I'll post a
separate message regarding this.

* The compression of the .jpg picture files has been increased to
reduce file sizes.

--Beman