From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-09-30 05:55:36

First of all, thanks for the replies, that's a really neat workaround,
definately comes under the category "now why didn't I think of that".

Unfortunately after further thought, due to problems with non standard
support at least in the short term - and hope that the next round of
compiler releases early next year makes these problems go away. BTW
problems with these headers can be resolved with macros (the approach I
took with regex++) but there's a lot of them, and it does make code really
hard to debug/port when macros obsure the problem area. As far as I know
these can't be fixed with code - as things like the non standard allocator
and iterator traits classes in MSVC are due to inherent compiler
deficiencies.

- John.