From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-11-23 15:16:03

In addition to Michel's thorough summary here is a description of
deallocate:

    void deallocate(pointer p, size_type n);

Requires: p shall be a pointer value obtained from an allocator which
this Allocator is capable of deallocating. n shall equal the value
passed as the first argument to the invocation of allocate which returned
p (unless a specific instance of Allocator is known to relax that
requirement).

Effects: Deallocates the storage referenced by p .

All n T objects in the area pointed by p must be destroyed prior to this
call.

-Howard

Valentin Bonnard wrote on 11/23/99 1:51 PM