From: John Madsen (jmadsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-11-27 23:05:02

Friday, November 26, 1999, 11:06:05 PM, jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:

jlne> Actually, concept_checks.h is something different than type_traits.h.
jlne> As you probably know, type_traits is for finding out information about
jlne> the constructors, etc. of a type. concept_checks.h, on the other hand,
jlne> is about checking such things as: is the iterator argument the user
jlne> passed really a BidirectionalIterator? Or is the value_type of
jlne> the vector really Assignable?

The reason I thought you were talking about type_traits.h is that I
couldn't find any mention of concept_checks.h in the SGI STL or
anywhere on the web for that matter. Information about iterators
(iterator_traits) is required by the standard and SGI puts it in
stl_iterator.h. I'd be interested to see what else they do in
concept_checks.h. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John