From: Nathan Myers (ncm_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-05 17:05:37

John Maddock wrote:
> 3) Baggage classes:
> A baggage class applies some customization to a template class, by
> supplying the baggage class as a template parameter to the client class.
> An example would be std::char_traits<>.

It warms my heart to see the term "baggage class" resurrected as a
term for the use of a traits class in the context where the term
"baggage" was originally applied. I agree that traits aren't always
baggage, and that "baggage" does more aptly describe a particular use
of a traits class in a template interface, than it does the traits
technique in general.

Nathan Myers
ncm_at_[hidden]