From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-10 12:16:30

At 08:53 AM 12/10/99 -0600, Ed Brey wrote:

>4. "normalise" is misspelled, should be "normalize".

I asked Andy Koenig (Project Editor for the C++ Standard) about this.
 Here is his reply:

Beman> In the standard, how do you resolve spelling differences
between
Beman> American and UK usage?

Andy> The project editor is most familiar with American usage,
Andy> and ISO permits it, so that's what I've tried to use.

Beman> The specific case was "normalize" vs "normalise" as a member
function
Beman> name.

Andy> The standard uses "normalize".

Andy> Incidentally, I have seen ISO refer to "standardization" on its
web site.

It is up to Paul to decide; it is his submission.

My own preference is that we follow the standard unless there is a
strong reason not.

--Beman