From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 1999-12-10 16:59:49

So the letter of the law makes it illegal, but was this really the
intention? Seems to me this causes nasty problems for generic
libraries. Since std::abs() is not all-applicable, it forces
the *user* to do "using std::abs;" etc, for every operation
of this nature that is used in the algorithm. What if the algorithm
is large and there are lots of these? Nasty barrier to reuse...