From: Moore, Paul (Paul.Moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-13 05:16:02

From: Andrew D Jewell [mailto:ajewell_at_[hidden]]

> More on the multiplication-overflow topic.
>
> In case a example was needed for my addition rant, with a four-byte
> int, something as simple as the following won't work with the latest
> rational.hpp

No example was needed - as soon as you made the point I realised that I had
been very naive in my implementation. I intend to fix that, and also to
include the other suggestions you have made. Thanks for pointing out such an
important omission!

[[I'll have to write a bignum implementation now, so that I can just say
"ah, you should use rational<bignum> :-) - does anybody have any good
pointers to (web) documents on how to implement bignums efficiently?]]

Paul.