From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-16 08:15:09

> Howard -
>
>>I would imagine that little implementation namespaces are (or soon will
> be) common in boost libraries. Namespace aware browsers might have the
> ability to hide and show, based on a namespace name. Instead of
> presenting a zillion little implementation detail namespaces to such a
> browser, how 'bout if boost libraries standardize on a common
> "implementation detail" namespace. Then it would be easy for the user of
> a namespace aware browser to "show boost", but hide "boost::details".<

I just want to point out that we already have a problem because of one of
those innocuous-seeming implementation namespaces. For those of us who
prefer to eschew using-directives, it is highly cumbersome to use the casts
in boost::cast. We have to write out both qualifiers, despite attempts to
avoid this by bringing cast into boost with nmespace composition (due to
special lookup rules for templates).

-Dave