From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-16 20:21:15

At 04:59 PM 12/16/99 -0500, scleary_at_[hidden] wrote:

>P.S. I'm writing a short web page on Matching and Selection of
Class
>Template Partial and Explicit Specializations, because I find it to
be a
>very confusing subject, and the Standard jumps around a _lot_
explaining it!
>It's mostly just quotes from the Standard right now, but I plan to
add
>English explanations :) (maybe enough to replace the quotes) and
some
>examples. My question is: can anyone put this on the Web for me? I
don't
>have "real" Web access. . .

It can go on the Boost site under the "More" page.

One nit: In references to the C++ Standard, it is poor form to call
it the "ANSI" standard. It is an international standard both in a
legalistic sense and in the sense that many of the contributors are
from outside of the US. I suppose that isn't as obvious outside of
the committee as it is inside.

The correct identification is "ISO/IEC 14882", which I guess can be
shortened in a reference to, say, ISO 23.1/5, although a lot of
people like to include the symbolic name too (in this case
[lib.container.requirements]).

Cheers,

--Beman