From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-23 19:40:52

Alan writes:
> I wish I knew so that I could avoid doing it! It is one of those things
> where a technique seems to work until incorporated into a production app
> and then the compiler goes into a sulk. Cutting the pre-processed code
> down just leaves me more confused.

I urge you to take another crack at it, since the operators.hpp stuff really
depends on it. I just went through the same process with gcc and
re-discovered [:(] that friend operator functions generated by templates
within a namespace (!) screw everything up for gcc. That's why operators.hpp
generates these functions at global scope when used with gcc.

-Dave