From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-31 10:02:48

A while ago Kevlin Henney sent me a clever idea for a stream_cast
template which supports conversions to and from heterogeneous types
via a stream.

I asked him for some documentation and a sample program, which he has
now provided. They are posted in the eGroups vault at
http://www.egroups.com/docvault/boost/stream_cast

Kevlin writes, "It is currently in experimental phase, and I would
very much
appreciate your initial thoughts on it."

--Beman

PS. Let's continue experimenting with the eGroups vault to post
files for comments which are too big or otherwise unsuited to attach
or include in email messages. Using the vault cuts a bottleneck
(me!) out of the process.