From: Boris Fomitchev (fbp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-07 19:09:36

Yep, I already admitted it - specialization makes it totally different.
I am not really thinking in partial specialization universe due to archaic
compilers I have to deal with ;). Unfortunately, in production world
the situation is even worse than in compiler world : you cannot switch
to the new compiler until (for example) your CORBA software vendor delivers the
library for this new compiler, and that could be (like in SUN case) years
apart...
So I do agree that specialization is the right way to design those things,
but, unfortunately, it cannot be really used now (and, in many environments,
2-3 years from now ;( ).

-Boris.