From: jorg.schaible_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-01-11 08:06:14

Hi all,

lurking now the list for a longer time, I wonder in this discussion for code
comments why nobody would like to use a free ready to go tool, that supports the
JavaDoc style comments. You may have a look at Doxygen of Dimitri. Personally I
think that it is not the task of the Boost group to write such an utility, but
to define how to comment. Since JavaDoc is widly spread, free tools are also
available for C++, and even some case tools meanwhile support this comment
style. IMHO it would even be better to use a available definition than to define
an own again.

Regards,
Jörg

After more than a year of development, I've finally released a new stable
version of Doxygen. I think the long development cycle justifies the jump
to version 1.0.0 :-)

To see what has changed since the last development release, please look at:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/snapshot.html

To see the major improvements since version 0.4 see:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/history.html

Enjoy,
  Dimitri