From: jorg.schaible_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-01-20 17:33:59

Hi Boost team,

for config.hpp I have following enhancement:

// Sun Workshop Compiler C++ ------------------------------------------------//

# elif defined __SUNPRO_CC
# if __SUNPRO_CC <= 0x500
# define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
# define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
# endif

since I just use the smart_ptr.hpp (currently), I am not sure wether additional
defines must be set.
What I am wondering about are these lines:

# if defined BOOST_DECL_EXPORTS
# define BOOST_DECL __declspec(dllexport)
# else
# define BOOST_DECL __declspec(dllimport)
# endif

These lines must be repeated for all compilers that support building DLL's. I am
not aware of any current (!) compiler that allows to build DLL's without knowing
this syntax. Even the gcc for Windows or latest IBM OS/2 compiler (if I remember
correctly) support it and either the lines have to be aded for the gcc too or
they should be moved out of scope of the compiler specific parts. I request the
latter just to "limit the complexity of config.hpp".

Regards
Jörg