From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-27 00:26:44

> We can fix the situation in two ways - by re-designing current interface in
> order to resolve the problems (I'm not sure it's possible to resolve all of
> them, but I see how we can manage with a few of them), or just by removing
> 'delta' class.
>
> Your thoughts?

1. I am sorry to hear about your hard times, Alexy, and my thoughts are with
you.

2. If you can clearly separate the concepts between points and deltas, it
doesn't seem too cumbersome to ask people to do explicit conversions:

| canvas c;
| canvas::point new_origin;
| // ...
| c.viewport_origin( c.viewport_origin() + canvas::delta(new_origin) );

3. But I think the problem is that you can't clearly separate the concepts:
one coordinate system's point is another coordinate system's delta, as you
have seen. The mathematical vector concept is well-understood and is
conceptually clean, AFAIK.

4. We should call the namespace within boost geometry2d. We sure don't want
to rule out 3D someday ;)

-Dave