From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-02-02 14:30:32

At 02:10 PM 2/2/00 +0000, Kevlin Henney wrote:

>>I've recently downloaded the boost 1_11_0 and I think there is a
problem
>>with bad_numeric_cast.
>>
>[...]
>> virtual const char *what() const throw(); // !!!! HERE
!!!!
>[...]
>
>>I think the ';' should be removed, otherwise this would not get
compiled
>at all.
>
>I think you're right! However, I'm not sure when that semi-colon
crept in
>there, as the original certainly didn't have it, and the mirror copy
I have
>of the code (end of December) did not have it.

It crept in when my fumble fingers added "throw()" (and then failed
to rerun the test program).

Thanks to Doncho Angelov for reporting the problem. 1.11.1 with the
fix is now up on the site.

I guess we should encourage people to send in "diff" files with
fixes, so I can apply the changes with "patch".

--Beman