From: Moore, Paul (Paul.Moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-06 04:49:29

From: Kevin Atkinson [mailto:kevinatk_at_[hidden]]

> I want two propose two pseudo smart points which I have found
> extremely useful in my code.

Philosophically, these seem like nice, simple examples. I like them. I
haven't thought them through, nor have I compared them to the existing boost
smart_ptrs yet, but my inclination is

a) Put them in
b) Spend time clarifying exactly when they are and are not appropriate
c) Documenting the above

Then, do the same with the existing pointers, and write an overview of when
and where to use the different versions available.

Proliferate, don't generalise...

Sorry, it's Monday morning and I'm feeling heretical :-)

But seriously, these seem to me to be the sort of code that people
continually reinvent. Having a standard copy - no frills, just "what
everyone keeps reinventing" - is, in my mind, a good thing.

Paul.