From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-06 12:53:51

In message <B4E917D2.24EB%abrahams_at_[hidden]>, Dave Abrahams
<abrahams_at_[hidden]> writes
[...]
>Anyway I'm against perpetuating the dangers of raw pointers where possible.
>If you want to write "if (!p)", how about a conversion to const void*?

Yup, this is the convention that I follow: once you've got a pointer to
const void * you've eliminated most things that you can do with it
accidentally, because you've eliminated most of the things you can do
with it at all!

  Kevlin Henney Without art we are nothing
  kevlin_at_[hidden] but monkeys with car keys
  kevlin_at_[hidden]