From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-07 14:58:23

In message <000101bf87cd$6d48db80$c82aa8c0_at_oblomow>, Marco Manfredini
<marco_at_[hidden]> writes
[...]
> itoa(item,&buf[1],10);
[...]

Unfortunately itoa is not portable. Alternatives include using sprintf,
stringstream or stream_cast, which was designed for exactly this
purpose. stream_cast is currently languishing in the vaults. I should
get round to posting the more customisable traits based model that
defaults to, but no longer relies on, streams -- the new version works,
it's just in need of some documentation ;->

  Kevlin Henney Without art we are nothing
  kevlin_at_[hidden] but monkeys with car keys
  kevlin_at_[hidden]