From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-07 22:47:59

on 3/7/00 4:00 AM, Gavin Collings at gcollings_at_[hidden] wrote:

> There was some discussion a few months back on c.l.c++.m about this type of
> thing. As the discussion seems to be headed in this direction anyway, it
> might
> be worth giving Ron Natalie's streamprintf a look over. Last time I looked it
> was at
>
> ftp://ftp.sensor.com/pub/ron/streamprintf.h
> ftp://ftp.sensor.com/pub/ron/streamprintf.cc

This is not at all what I had in mind. It includes a complete
reimplementation of i/o formatting when we already have two complete
implementations (streams and the old printf stuff) in the standard library.

Also, as far as I can tell from a cursory look, type-specific formatting is
to be embedded in the format string. I don't believe that it should be.
Rather, I am only suggesting that width and alignment specifiers (which are
type-independent) appear in the format string.

-Dave