From: Jens Maurer (jmaurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-08 18:31:31

jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Jens Maurer writes:
> > [divide by zero]
> >
> > This currently gives [-inf, inf] with my class.
>
> From what my chemisty friend's have told me, this is what they usually
> want, but there may be situations where a thrown exception is
> better. Perhaps this could be parameterizable?

It is. Roll your own interval_traits<>::infinity() if
you want exceptions. We may want to tighten the specs
so that interval_traits::infinity() and ...::nan()
are always called if the arguments produce that result,
so that we are independent on the (implementation-defined)
behaviour of the underlying "double" or whatever.

Jens Maurer