From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-09 16:57:09

One of the problems boost contributors keep running into is that they
only have access to one or two compilers and on a single platform.
The contributor would like to try at least compilation if not tests
with multiple platforms and compilers to work out portability issues.

In private email, Jens Maurer and I have fanaticized about some boost
member setting up a perl-CGI interface for remote compiling. Not
something for the general public, just password access for boost
contributors.

Jens has offered to help write the perl-CGI interface, but neither he
nor I have the always-on Internet access or enough compilers and/or
platforms to make it worthwhile.

If any boost members would be interested in supplying this sort of
remote compiling facility to boost members, please contact Jens to
see what can be worked out.

--Beman

PS. In the meantime, Jens would like reports of compilation problems
with his random library, particularly on platforms other than
egcs/linux.